Thanks, Ross. The expandable bg image did the trick. Exactly what I
needed to get it working.

I love this list! :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross C [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:04 AM
To: Poyner, Matt; css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: RE: [css-d] (no subject)

I saw a site a while back that had this (I'll try to find it).

I believe they had a background image for the tab that was like 150px
wide
(and 20px high in your case) that had the borders for the top, right (or
in
your case the chamfered corner), and bottom, then specified  li
{border-left: 1px...}
So it's still expandable horizontally to scale with your text length.

I can see that this method would not work for everyone (for example, if
your
li has a fluid height), but it may work for u.

-ross