Bob asked, Baffled:

> I have a request to create a horizontal drop-down menu with tooltips
> over some of the menu items.

(cut, snip, slash)

> The menu button links all point to the # index file.  The test page is
> at www.dottedi.biz/codesamples/hmenu/ . If there is too much going
> on, I
> can set up a simpler example not mixing CSS and JS.
>
> Ideas?

Bob, just another glitch, this time in Safari 2.0.4: When I mouse
over the "Take a peek" menu, (which in Safari does not show the word
"Testimonial" but does show the word "Javascript" _before_ mousing
over it) the drop down menu places the word "Javascript" directly
over the word "Testimonial", thus obliterating each for readability.
Then, when I move the mouse down over the two jumbled words, the word
"Testimonial" disappears, and the word "Javascript" is visible. The
tool tip follows my mouse around on that particular button.
"Testimonials" is basically unreadable, and unclickable at any time.

Since I'm not a Javascript-er, and a beginner at CSS, I can only
suggest that one of the List Geniuses can help.

Best Regards,
Dave