Hello there,

I've read in Eric Meyer's book that one can center nested block elements
*horizontally* inside a parent block element by setting left and right
margins of the nested element to "auto" (p. 316, 2nd. ed.). I also found
postings in this list saying so. I take it, this should work in IE 6.0 as
long as it is in "standards-compliant" mode:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnie60/html/cssenhancements.asp

I tried to apply the "Centering with auto-margins" technique according to
  http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=CenteringBlockElement

Please see the test page at
  http://www.mobotixserver.de/~daniel/css_center_horizontally.html

The page works on Firefox and Konqueror but not on IE 6.0 (SP2).

Did I do something wrong or why is IE failing once more?

Cheers
Daniel Kabs