Hi all,

I've been playing with clip recently and it seems to me the spec is a bit
counter-intuitive. It is particularly irritating if you are clipping
non-fixed width elements because if you don't want it to be clipped on the
right, you have to specify its width for that value. Surely it would be more
logical for each value to represent how much is clipped from that edge of
the rectangle? For example:

clip:rect(10px 100px 80px 20px);

If the element to be clipped is 100px x 80px, this will cause it to be
clipped to an area 70px x 80px, where it is clipped 10px at the top and 20px
on the left. This is fine, but why should it be necessary to specify 100px
for the right and 80px for the bottom? It seems to me it would be more
sensible for these values to be 0 to achieve this effect. It's easier to get
your head around.

Also, why is it that it applies only to absolutely positioned elements? Why
not relatively positioned ones?

Cheers,

Rafael