On 3/27/07, Rick Pasotto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 02:28:33PM +0100, Chris Ovenden wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm afraid that question has been discussed to death in this list
> > > and elsewhere. I'd say you just have to decide between "usability"
> > > and "right size", since usability means that there is no right size.
> >
> > Surely the "right size", or a t least the right initial size, is the
> > same size as (most) other sites.
>
> Wrong. Truth is *not* determined by majority vote.

Who said anything about Truth (capitalization an' all)?

> > By using body { font-size:100% } or similar,
>
> You are giving the user what the user finds most comfortable to read.
>
> > you're immediately making your fonts annoyingly large compared to the
> > majority who use something like body { font-size:76% } - a de facto
> > 'standard' for good reason:
>
> Nonsense like that is why I have to increase the displayed font size
> (sometimes *twice*) on 90+% of the sites I visit in order to be able to
> read them. That is most definitely *not* user friendly.

I think you just proved my point. The world wide web is just that - a
bunch of connected things, of which any particular website is but one.
If you have to change the font size  for 90% of the sites you visit,
then you have your browser set up wrongly.

--
Chris Ovenden

http://thepeer.blogspot.com
"Imagine all the people / Sharing all the world"