Dave M G wrote:
> Lori, David, CSS-d,
>
> Thank you very much for your comments, and taking the time to be so
> helpful. If it's not too much to bear, I have some follow up questions.
>
>>> FWIW, a level 2 heading is missing.
> I'm sorry, what does this mean?

RE: <http://formever.org>

It is called nit-picking :-) .
The headings h1 through h6 should form an outline of a document. h1 is
normally the title. And then it drills down h2 through h6 (some of which
may be used more than once). You have stated a three-level outline: h1
and h3. But you are missing h2. In plain English, simply change your h3
to h2 in both the source document and the CSS. You will then have a
two-level outline document.

>>> Ditch the validation buttons?
> Really? I tried to make them as unobtrusive as possible by fading them
> out. Is it that you find them distracting?

No big deal. More nit-picking. You are setting yourself (and your
client) up for every maniac who is going to check the markup and css
validation on every page in the site and delight in informing your
client of matters that are inconsequential and frivolous. Just
validate.  No need to ram it down everyone's throat and distract those
users who have no clue what those buttons mean and could care less.

>>> You need a background-color for users at 1280 and up (not everyone
>>> sees white beneath the bottom of the image)
> I've added "background: white" to the CSS. Shouldn't that make any
> extra space below the image white?

Yes. You are good to go now. I default to fuchsia to keep myself from
making the same error.

> Hey, that site service looks useful. I might sign up for that.

It is very expensive. I belong to a group. The cost is more reasonable.
I will hold your address and try to remember to let you know when the
subscription opens-- it should not be long.

But more important: _The advice you really need to heed from your site
check was from Holly Bergevin._

Best,

~dL

--