Hi,

I have a site that's still very much in development, but which I'm having
one small problem with that I can't figure out. The site is at
http://dev.northernfarce.com/awp/ I'm looking specifically at the three
columns on the lower part of the page (and, yes, they are very broken in IE6
but I haven't got to that debugging stage yet. I'm still doing the initial
design and watching it in Firefox and Opera.) The three columns each have a
width of 29%, with a right and left padding and right and left margin of 1%.
That's ( 29 +1 + 1+ 1 +1 ) x 3 = 99%. This produces a small 'indent' on the
right side of the pages where the columns aren't as wide as the box above
them. If I try and add 1% (to bring all the totals to 100%) to any one of
the column's width, padding or margins then the right column drops down
under the other two.

Can anyone explain what the problem is? (Or point me to a resource that
covers this situation specifically?) Why can't I get the 3 columns to 100%?

Thanks,
Roy

P.S. I seem to be having trouble posting to the list, so hopefully this
comes through only once.