From: trevor bayliss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> However, even though I have avoided ems in my present code it seems
> impossible to get IE to resize text. I know that IE has a bug but I was told
> it would work with anything other than px. HereĀ“s the offending css and a
> link to the page http://216.219.94.105/

>body {padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background: #ffffff repeat-x 50%
>top; padding-bottom: 0px; margin: 0px; font: 100% tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
>color: #4d4d4d; padding-top: 0px}

>h1 {font-size: 19%}
>h2 {font-size: 15%}
>h3 {font-size: medium; font:tahoma, arial, sans-serif}

The above selectors and with the font property showing as percents are not what
I find at the link you provided. What I did find is below -

body {padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background: #ffffff repeat-x 50%
top; padding-bottom: 0px; margin: 0px; font: 11px tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
color: #4d4d4d; padding-top: 0px}

h1 {font-size: 19px}
h2 {font-size: 15px}
h3 {font: 11px tahoma, arial, sans-serif}

Notice that the font property for the body shows the font-size value as 11px,
not 100% as your example suggests you have written it. This, and the other
pixel values, is what is causing your stated problem of not being able to
resize the text in IE.

You have some other issues in your CSS, such as incorrect font declarations (in
the example you gave, for the h3, you have no font-size listed, therefore
should be using the font-family property instead of font) and you could use
some shorthand CSS properties to reduce some of the "clutter" within your style
sheet. [1]

I hope this information helps.

~holly

http://www.communitymx.com/abstract.cfm?cid=A43B828960590F55