trevor bayliss wrote:

> */David Laakso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:
>

>     >
>     > Thanks as ever for the reply David. I have implemented those
>     changes
>     > http://216.219.94.105/david1.htm and will change the p´s and h´s to
>     > make it look smarter. The Accessibility>Check box that reads:
>     "ignore
>     > font sizes" I have done-what a nightmare I feel like I´m back to
>     > square one again now! I have no idea where to start to sort out the
>     > problem the cl div (which is the offending one) is floated
>     right. The
>     > only tools I have knowledge of are clear for this case. I will try
>     > clearing right and clearing left and clearing both and see what
>     happens.
>

>     The word Environment (under the 4th image) may be too wide, thus
>     pushing out and dropping the float because there is not enough
>     room for
>     it. Clearing is not going to help. Reduce the font size slightly
>     for all
>     those h's under the images. And in the mark up the word
>     Environment with
>     soft hyphens, like so: En­vir­on­ment. This will cause the
>     word to hyphenate when scaled in IE. See if the float still drops at
>     text-size largest.
>     ~d
>
>     -
>

> What an awesome bit of code the soft hyphens David! Shame it only
> works with IE as it could sort out some of my breaking issues in FF!! ;)
>     Stupid question while trying to follow your advice how can I
> change the h´s under the images if the h´s size isn´t controlled by my
> style sheet anymore with The Accessibility>Check box that reads:
> "ignore font sizes" . I can change them fine for ff obviously but for
> IE how can I do that? Or do I need to use a default tag that will give
> me a default size?

The file [1] is now holding in IE6without dropping the float at
text-size largest with font-sizes ignored. The answer to your question
is endless tweaking of col widths, font-sizes, margins, padding, and
adding clear: right; to to the further most right column.

Extensive change has been made to the CSS as well as some changes to the
markup. Make sure you backup your current file!

Cursory tested in IE6, IE7, Opera, Firefox, and Camino.

You or someone on the list who has more patience, time, and skill will
need to correct the remaining issues.

[1] <http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/trevor-03.html>

Best,

~dL