Andy Mosmiller wrote:

> The site: http://www.kipke.com/

> I have not figured out what is up with the blockquote not wrapping on
>  the news page, nor have I ever had a bead on how to repair the
> semi-broken dashed borders wherever they may be.
>
> Any help?  Are there any bugs I'm missing?

For IE6 and below you have this...
blockquote {
        height: 32px;
        }
...which acts as a 'hasLayout' trigger in IE/win.

For all browsers you have this...
blockquote {
        min-height: 32px;
        }
...which acts as a 'hasLayout' trigger in IE7.

To give an element 'Layout' means the element becomes an isolated block,
so its content can't interact with the image - no wrapping can take
place in IE. If you want wrapping you must delete those two
properties/values, or "reset" them for IE/win.

See: <http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html> and
<http://onhavinglayout.fwpf-webdesign.de/hack_management/> for details.

> In addition, the border may or may not be uniform dashes, ...

Note that dotted and dashed borders are rendered unreliable in IE/win,
and there's not much we can do about it. I usually feed IE solid
borders, regardless of what I want to see in other browsers.

> [...] I would also *love* to have a way to incorporate this fix for
> IE 7 without having to create an entirely new CSS file just for one
> hack.  Any ideas there?

You can put _all_ IE/win styles in one <!--[if IE]> stylesheet, and then
use the '* html' hack to feed styles only to IE6 and older - including
overrides for IE7 styles that IE6 should not see/use. Only condition for
such a separation is that IE7 is in 'standard mode', which is the case
for your pages anyway.

regards
        Georg
--