I am part-way through developing a template for a CMS (easier to work
with a static page until the wrinkles are ironed out!).

http://www.wildcatcoffee.co.nz/template.html (style is inline for now)

The layout is centered with a maximum width of 60ems. In addition, the
body has a padding so that some of the body background always shows.

The CMS template I used as a starting point uses a javascript to
emulate min/max width in IE, but it only works with pixels.

And in IE6, the backgrounds of both the footer and the bottom (rounded
corners) elements are shifted left. Can anyone figure out why?

Checks in IE7 and Safari would also be appreciated.
--
Richard Grevers, New Plymouth, New Zealand
Dramatic Design www.dramatic.co.nz