Richard Grevers wrote:
> http://www.wildcatcoffee.co.nz/template.html
>
> The layout is centered with a maximum width of 60ems. In addition,
> the body has a padding so that some of the body background always
> shows.
>
> The CMS template I used as a starting point uses a javascript to
> emulate min/max width in IE, but it only works with pixels.

The padding on body must be included in the script, or otherwise you'll
get those jumps around the trigger-points.

You can give IE6 a min/max workaround that'll work fine with 'em', but
it won't work when you declare font-size on html and/or body because it
works by reading IE's own internal font-size.

Article...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_additions_14.html>
Demos...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/moa_12tp1.html>
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/moa_12tp2.html>

> And in IE6, the backgrounds of both the footer and the bottom
> (rounded corners) elements are shifted left. Can anyone figure out
> why?

IE6 needs to be stiffened up a bit.
The addition of...
  #main {height: 1%; /* 'hasLayout' trigger */}
...will fix that, but you then also have to counteract the "3px jog" bug
that appears.
The following addition will do just that...
  div#sidebar {margin-bottom: -3000px; /* note: the float is now
completely removed in IE/win */}
...but as you can see from the comment: the sidebar no longer takes up
any space, and this may cause problems under certain conditions as you
develop the layout further.

regards
        Georg
--