Rob Unsworth wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Ray Leventhal wrote:
>
>> Mine is based (very strongly) on the 'holy grail' of liquid layouts,
>> from ALA [1].  We're early enough in the dev cycle to switch layouts,
>> but as I consider each challenge a learning experience, I'd love to know
>> what triggered IE7's failure to display the left column.
>
> Ray,
> The *html hack is known to cause problems with IE7. Try putting IE6 and
> below specific css in a conditional comment. You could try testing in IE7
> with the hack removed.

Hi Rob,
Making the *html hack a conditional lte IE6 did the trick for IE7.  I
did as you suggested and first tested without the hack..voia la!  amazing.

Thanks for your input and the suggestions by all.

@Michael,
I'm looking at the layout gala styles right now...not as well documented
in the code, so I'm hacking at it a bit, but it's as elegant as my
current solution (was before I started messing <G>).

Again, my thanks,
~Ray