On Sep 19, 2007, at 4:18 AM, Micky Hulse wrote:

> 1. TRUE or FALSE:
> If you use a keyword for the horizontal value, and omit the vertical,
> the default vertical value is assumed to be "center".
>
> -- Note: The specs say 0% 0% is the initial value.
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-CSS21-20070719/colors.html#propdef-
> background-position>

from your url:
[quote]
If only one value is specified, the second value is assumed to be
'center'.
[/quote]

> 2. TRUE or FALSE:
> For background positioning, the horizontal position must come first if
> one of the values is not a keyword.

again, from the url above
[quote]
If at least one value is not a keyword, then the first value
represents the horizontal position and the second represents the
vertical position.
[/quote]

In both cases above, the specs are quite clear.

> 3. TRUE or FALSE:
> If both values are keywords, the horizontal value *must* come
> first. Or
> is this just a matter preference and/or good coding practice?

Doesn't matter. Keyword is keyword and takes only one position (top
is always top).
I always specify the horizontal position first, it is a habit.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>