Greetings:

I hope this is not too trivial for comment, but searching for it in the archive
has proved fruitless--it's just too hard to narrow down the search.

On a page like

http://users.rcn.com/rtberg/Adam/animag1.htm

I have a left-column menu (<div id="nav">) that stays nicely fixed in FF or IE7
(for example), but which will not behave in IE6.  It's a big file, but it's not
complex HTML or CSS, and in IE6 I simply cannot make <#nav> hold still (or, for
that matter, even show up in the left column). I do not want a second scroll
bar on the page. I have tried fixes found on CSS advice websites (like
http://divinentd.com/experiments/emulating-position-fixed.html), but at best
they give me ugly double scroll bars.

The CSS is at the top of the document.

Thanks for any help offered.

--Bob R.

PS: And thank you for not suggesting that I "break the file into smaller
pieces."