-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Freitag, 5. Oktober 2007 16:08
An: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Betreff: Re: [css-d] three numbers

 >>{margin:0 10px 10px;}<<

I'm sorry - it was always my understanding that using this method was
incorrect.  When I was learning CSS, in the beginning, it was always
impressed upon me that using "margin:0" was appropriate because it would
cover all sides.  Using "margin:2px 3px;" was appropriate, because you'd be
covering left/right and top/bottom.  Using "margin:2px 3px 4px 5px"
was correct, because it gave each individual side something to work from.

But using "margin:1px 2px 3px" was incorrect.  I can't recall exactly *why*,
but I always had the impression that it was because it was (pardon the term
I'm gonna use) half-assed.

If I'm wrong, I'd *love* to know, because it's always been my impression
that using 3 numbers is never the way to do it.  Like I said, I don't recall
*where* I picked this up, or why it's wrong to use this method - it's been
so long ago - but I'm always open to being corrected :)

~Shelly