Using three values to set four margins is a little confusing.

IMO its appropriateness depends on who's going to be working with your
code. If you might be replaced by a lower-level web developer, you
might want to spend several more characters to make your meaning
obvious.

Legal and valid only means we get to discuss it for a dozen posts. :-)

CC