From: "Gunlaug Sørtun" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Mike A wrote:
>> http://www.webdev-academy.com/test-layout/index.html
>
> Looks like a variant of...
> <http://www.positioniseverything.net/articles/onetruelayout/anyorder>

Sort of, and others. What makes it completely different are the extra
wrapper and side margins to display an extended background to 1) the header
area, and 2) the rest. They caused complications, especially with negative
margins.

>> Does it work, especially when browser is resized?
>
> div#navigation {
> margin-left : -100.01%;
> }
>
> ...will make Gecko browsers offset that container slightly too far to
> the left at certain window widths - a couple of pixels on my 3800 wide
> screens. Similar but smaller "errors" appear in other browsers on wide
> windows. Better make that 100% sharp.

Yes. Done. Thanks!

> Content in the overlayered header will easily be overlapped by main
> container when subjected to font resizing - especially on narrow
> windows. If the header ends up with only an image then it won't be a
> problem.
Agreed. The spec was fixed header height because it will contain an image,
search form and a couple of menu links. Wholly unsuitable for headers
containing more text.

> A min-width wouldn't hurt, as it does look a bit cramped on narrow
> windows. For the same reason the...
Done. Thanks again!

> div#main-wrap {
> margin : 100px 7% 0% 7%;
> }
>
> ...might better be replaced with something like...
>
> div#main-wrap {
> margin : 10px auto 0 auto;
> }
>
> ...and the page be given a max-width in percentage instead. Will make
> much better use of available window that way.
Much as though I would like to the colored margins must be variable, not
fixed. However, I shall use your suggested method for an alternative design
demo.

Many thanks for the time and effort put into your feedback Georg!

Anyone: is the page capable of further improvement?

Mike A.