On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 8:54 PM, Alex Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  ie. IE=5 actually causes IE8 to emulate IE6 in quirks mode. End of story.
>
>  My "error" was to use documents in standards mode as the reference
>  point. I have now updated
>
>     http://www.fu2k.org/alex/css/cssjunk/ie8/xua
>
>  accordingly so that it is possible to see the effect of the X-UA
>  switch on both standards and quirks mode documents. Along with
>  screengrabs of the observed behaviour. If it all gets too much, you
>  can switch off the bits you don't want to see (suggestions for better
>  text in the legends welcome!)

I mostly agree, but not on the "Rendered by IE 7" and "quirks"
combinations. Your documents now have an xml declaration at the
beginning which puts IE6 in quirks mode, but NOT IE7.
The "Rendered by IE 7" row should be exactly as the "Rendered by IE 6" row.

Bruno

--
Bruno Fassino http://www.brunildo.org/test