Thanks to all,

1. I 'think' I have fixed the jumping on hover issue.
2. Do I even need any display property on a and a:hover? I am still really
shaky on this idea.
3. I am back to wanting to throw my monitor across the room, after I put the
nav back into a list I got the little circles back in front of the words, ok
fine, I got rid of them before, but do you think I can do it again, noooo.
Drat.

This css stuff is not easy.

http://www.chekmed.com/med_index.htm

Thank You again,
Cynthia

On 3/12/08 4:08 PM, "jennifer ham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Quoting "Cynthia M. Brumbaugh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>
>>> Ok, so I am finally getting off the porch and testing my running shoes.
>>> Please be gentle but honest.
>>>
>>> http://www.chekmed.com/med_index.htm
>>>
>>> This page does validate both html and css.
>>>
>>> Cynthia
>>> Who admits to learning everything she knows about css from this list.
>
> The movement in your left nav on rollover is a little distracting. It
> turns into a bad scene when you move your mouse from one of the longer
> links, to one of the shorter ones (along the right side of them) and
> both links start to "stutter" back and forth between the idle and
> hover positions. Try it in Firefox and you'll see what I mean. That's
> the only feedback I have after just looking at the page.
>
> After checking out your CSS, though, I see a few things that could
> prove to be very dangerous for you as you move along in development,
> adding more pages and content.Here are the ones I think will be a big
> deal for you:
>
> a { display: block; }
>
> ! DANGER ! this will put a text link all on it's own line if it's
> within a paragraph or other element. If you're using this for your
> nav, add the nav container to the selector so it only targets those
> links, ( #navigation a { display:block; }
>
> a:hover{ display: inline; }
>
> This is REALLLY dangerous coming after making it a block element, and
> changing it to inline when you hover over it. This can make everything
> on your page move around just because someone moved their mouse over a
> link. As a general rule, it's safe to assume that changing from block
> to inline and inline to block on hover is a dangerous idea.
>
> div#header { position:relative; }
>
> Why? Relatively and absolutely positioned elements are two of the top
> causes of woe and heartache among CSS beginners. Use them sparingly
> and only if you can't achieve what you want in another way. What are
> you trying to achieve with the header being relatively positioned?
>
> Good job on getting nice, valid code in a clean and good looking page
> that holds up to font-resizing, and good luck!

Cynthia M. Brumbaugh
Chek-Med Systems, Inc.
200 Grandview Avenue
Camp Hill, PA 17011