Mark Lundquist wrote:

> So, this navmenu is almost working:
>
> http://dev.bell.wd-2.net
>
> Except that in IE6, there's a glitch as you hover onto the secondary
> nav menus, where they bloat out to 100% width.  What causes that, and
> what can I do to get rid of it?

Not much I can help you with there, as IE6' behavior is controlled by
the script and stylesheet in the conditional comment - which keeps it
out of reach for debugging in my environment.

It is however important that you start by making sure only IE6 (and
lower) can see those scripts and stylesheet, as they are there to fix IE6.
Feeding IE6 fixes to IE7 and IE8b1, is bound to fail - and it does.
- IE8 can safely be ignored for the time being - just make sure it isn't
fed the wrong styles.
- IE7 needs its own set of fixes for those drop-downs to work. IE7
suffers from many of the same weaknesses as IE6, but in a different and
patched-up bug-order.

Just looking at it on-line in IE6 and IE7, those two versions tell me
that the links lack 'Layout'[1] - they don't space out to fill their
list-item containers vertically. IE6 is seeing a different style in the
gap created above and below the links, and that makes it switch to full
page-width on the drop-downs.

Fix the 'Layout' issue so the gap goes away, and the 100% width problem
will _probably_ go away too. I can't tell you _how_ to fix it in the
script-created environment though.

regards
        Georg

[1]http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html