Ibrahim Y wrote:

> Katherine Coynor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: CSS Discussion <css-d@lists.css-discuss.org>
>
> On IE7 only one menu item appear, on IE6 the items appears in vertical.
> you can check the top menu on FF & IE to see the difference.
>
> *a new problem, *although I use center for the body & the main div#center
> the body is centered.

This is where you erring. In IE5, IE6 and IE7 if you use the property
text-align, though this should only effect inline elements and text nodes,
these versions of IE will use text-align also on block level elements. You have
used this bug to structure your page but this is no way to emulate right to
left text. I would not even bother supporting IE6 is any styling but rather
serve up IE6 a basic styled page. Lock that browser out completely. Let IE7 and
all the other good browsers use the more standard approach for right to left
text.

Here's a demo of the peekaboo bug in IE8.

<http://css-class.com/test/bugs/ie/8/rtl-script-peekapoo.htm>

FYI, I have been trying to debug your page for hours. You are mixing in table
layout with divs with way to many IDs and classes. This is only needed for IE5,
IE6 and IE7 anyway. I am trying to locate elements and text. When I save your
page off-line. I see this.

???? ??????? ?? ???
?? ??????? ?????

And when I search your CSS I finding.

div.module_menu ul li a:link, div.module_menu ul li a:visited
div.module_menu div div div
#leftcolumn ul.menu li#current ul li a:hover, #rightcolumn ul.menu li#current
ul li a:hover

I still can not isolate what selectors I need to look for to find the menu that
is broken. All this heavy CSS is only needed for IE5, IE6 and IE7 anyway. Since
the script you use makes as much sense to me as ????? I have the added
complication in debuging since my native language is English. I will keep on
debugging but can you please tell me what to look for? :-)

BTW, The mission impossible debug sessions I find entertaining. :-)

Alan

http://css-class.com/test/