At 1:40 AM +0100 5/19/08, Alan K Baker wrote:
>Tedd.
>
>Granted that your map is quite an inspiration and as you imply, it's
>complex. However, I do believe that I may still have an equally
>difficult task ahead, not just due to partially rotated images, but
>also due to rotated text. Now that is going to be awkward without
>resorting to text images. <g>
>
>I do believe that you are right and that all can be achieved just
>with the use of CSS. A little lateral thinking perhaps? :-)
>
>Regards,
>
>Alan.

Alan:

Rotated images are not a problem -- just create the images rotated
and use them that way. The underlying mechanism of css roll-overs
still applies.

You may also want to use text in your images, because when you
zoom-up the text will outgrow your images unless you tie the images
and text to a single scaling unit, such as em's or percentages. As
shown by this:

http://sperling.com/examples/zoom/

Unfortunately, as far as I know, rotated text is not currently
possible with css. The closest I can come is by using php as shown
here:

http://webbytedd.com/bb/draw-text/

But as I said, that's not css.

Cheers,