----- Original Message -----
  From: Tracey Adams
  To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
  Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 8:54 PM
  Subject: [css-d] Image caption width

  I am having a problem with keeping the captions under images to the
  width of the image and not all the way across the page. I've tried a
  number of things and the only thing I've found that sort of works is
  to set a width limit in my caption css. Of course that has only
  limited success. My images cannot practically be all the same width.
  For awhile I was making css image boxes in different widths but that
  got ridiculous...............................

  Not such a bad thing especially if IE6 will be used a lot and you have
many/large images. I was having a lot of problems with IE6 'timing out' on
sometimes slow connection speeds, due to the use of a lot of images. This was
totally cured by defining the size of each image as a class in the CSS, so that
the browser doesn't have to calculate it from the image file.

  Regards,

  Alan.

  www.theatreorgans.co.uk
  www.virtualtheatreorgans.com
  Admin: ConnArtistes, UKShopsmiths, 2nd Touch & A-P groups
  Shopsmith 520 + bits
  Flatulus Antiquitus