Tracey Adams wrote:

> I am having a problem with keeping the captions under images to the
> width of the image and not all the way across the page. I've tried a
> number of things and the only thing I've found that sort of works is
> to set a width limit in my caption css.

That appears to be the situation at present, I'm afraid. On the other
hand, since images should have their width and height set, for speed of
rendering, it should be easy to add a matching width for a block
containing the image.

> I could use tables but I'd like to avoid that.

Using a single-cell table, with the caption written in the <caption>
element, seems to be the simplest way to achieve the goal. For some
explanations, see
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/www/captions.html

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/