> Bill Brown wrote:
>
>> 3. What do YOU say to a client who asks you to make the default font size
>> smaller?

Georg Sørtun replied:

> You can say: "OK, but it may not work as you want at the visitor's end, no
> matter
> what". If the client insists; just do it.

 From a design standpoint, I'd say "follow Georg's advice - all of it."

One additional idea I'd like to suggest is that you add a link to info
on how to alter browser and/or OS settings to modify font size,
contrast, etc.. If the client complains about it, point out that the
BBC news site does this: Check out the "Low Graphics | Accessibility
help" links at the top left of most pages.

  <http://news.bbc.co.uk/>

(Thinks: I wonder if the BBC would object to us putting those
links on our own pages?)

Cordially,
David