On 9/30/2008 9:24 PM, Hedley Finger wrote:
> I would like to add a Gaussian blur drop-shadow to the right and bottom
> edges of the <body> element floating in the middle of the browser
> canvas.  Most of the methods found suggest a massive background image
> displaced diagonally with negative margins.  To avoid downloading a
> large albeit compressed image, is there any way to add a small,
> fast-downloading, repeating image to the right and left sides of an
> element with more than one background image?

Yes, but not specifically on the <body> element.  I actually just asked
a question troubleshooting this very application.  You can see the fixed
(thanks to Georg) version on my work-in-progress site at
http://www.kungfu-silat.com/wp/ - obviously, you're welcome to steal any
CSS code you want to make your drop shadows work.  I did it with five
DIV elements for the shadow, and a sixth with the content.  As you can
see, the images used for my drop shadow are incredibly small (The
largest of the five is 7x16 pixels, and I made it that large only
because I recall that some browsers used to slow down quite a bit when
massively repeating images.  Otherwise, it could've been 7x1).

--

Erik Harris                                http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-        AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7 - ICQ: 2610172        -