At 11:14 PM 1/21/2009 +0100, Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:
FWIW: the basic layouts on my private site...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_additions_26.html>
...are just overbuilt and overstyled versions of "negative margins"...
<http://www.alistapart.com/articles/negativemargins>
Once you've understood how "negative margins" work, such layouts are
relatively easy to create and work with.

A different approach for achieving pretty much the same look/feel and
cross-media flexibility can be found here...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/template-080929.html>
...and the HTML/CSS is definitely simpler and should be easier to
understand. Haven't tuned it or added full support for older browsers to
it yet though, since it's just a "proof of concept" example.

Interesting -- thanks, Georg!

Lots to consider... lots to learn... at least I won't be bored for the next couple of years!

Ron :)