At 08:57 AM 2/18/2009 -0800, Joseph Sims wrote:
>It sounds like this is something you have been dealing with for a while,

Yes and no, in a way: I suppose I've always been concerned about
typographic issues and stuff, but it's really only since I joined
this list (last summer) and started taking a closer look at the sites
I've created in the past that I began to realize how many issues
there are, and how much more I have to learn. All my sites still use
tables for layout, for example (please don't shoot me!), and I'm
simply just not ready yet, just don't know enough yet, to even
consider "taking the plunge" and changing them all to CSS layouts.
Indeed, I feel so ignorant about so much of this stuff that it might
well be years before I actually do so -- especially considering that
I find myself spending months just trying to figure out the simplest
little typographic issues. :/

>It's often
>very frustrating working for print design studios needing websites for
>their clients that think that they can manually rag their blocks of
>text and have it translate to the web, or elegantly justify text... as
>H&J control is out the window.

Hey, I have a solution: ALL web sites should be created as PDF files!
HTML/CSS be damned! With PDF, everything looks *exactly* how you
intended, it's zoomable to any factor you want, and prints out
perfectly each time, every time.

Phew! We can all relax now...

Ron ;)

Woof?... http://www.Psymon.com