Hello,

I have tried several hasLayout workarounds for the #navcontainer padding
problem here:

http://www.cantinho.org/pt/cantinho-site/layout8_ups.html

The one that works:

#navcontainer
        {
                padding-bottom:0.5em;
                width:100%;*/ /*IE6 only: to fix hasLayout*/
        }

The problem is that, this solution, doesn't provide a "shrink to fit"
approach to the ul, preventing me to put the #form_login some pixels more to
the bottom.
Any way to fix the hasLayout feature but allow shrink-to-fit to the
#navcontainer ?

Thanks a lot,
Márcio

And now, the Insanity:

I)
I've also put:
#navcontainer
        {
                height:1%;
                overflow:hidden;
        }

This is an alternative to the width:100% hasLayout fix, still, this doesn't
shrink. :(

And this is working locally on IE and Firefox and Safari. When, however I
see the same link, online, I get it ok on FF, Saf but not IE !
Could It get more weird then this?

Do you see the top box on IE?
http://www.cantinho.org/pt/cantinho-site/layout7_ups.html

Reason? Appearently because I have displaced the clear:left; from
"#navcontainer ul" to "#navcontainer" . But all works ok locally. :s

II)
I've tried: float:left; I've tried zoom:1... I don't recall other options at
the moment.

III)
My last try to shrink-to-fit was:

#navcontainer
        {
                display:inline-block;
                text-align:left;
        }
This shrinks, but the navcontainer don't go to the left as expected.  (and
of course, I still need to deal with IE6 after, so that inline-block works
on IE6...).

AHHHHhhh!!!!!