http://themehybrid.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/hybrid-legend.png

(all tested at 1024 x 764 screen rez)

ALL SAME 2 PROBLEMS ON IE 5.5, 6, 7 on XP
#1. *** #content {margin-left:200px;} This margin does not happen
--- so the fluid content area pushes down the static sidebar area
(#primary #secondary)

#2.*** containers for header, horiz. nav., footer dont show background
color(But the margins seem to be there in terms of spacing)

#3. IE 5.5, 6 on XP: #content expands to fill viewport

ALL THESE BROWSERS LOOK OK: (MOST OR ALL OSX safari and FF), IE 8, FF
1.5 on win2000, FF 2-3.5 on xp

I am on a mac testing with http://browsershots.org
My browser goal for this site is only to be basically functional(does
not need to be pretty) in windows IE5-6, FF1.5.

THANKS! Don

#container {
overflow:hidden;
margin:20px;
padding:5px;
background-color:red;border:1px solid #000;
}

#content {
margin-left:200px;
padding:5px;
background-color:yellow;border:1px solid #000;
}

.content {
float:right;
/* margin:20px 20px 20px 240px; */
background-color:powderblue;border:1px solid #000;
}

.hentry {
margin:20px 20px 20px 20px;
background-color:lightyellow;border:1px solid #000;
}

#primary {
float:left;width:180px;
margin:20px -180px 20px 20px;
padding:5px;
background-color:#9cf;border:1px solid #000;
}

#secondary {
float:left;width:180px;
margin:20px -180px 20px 20px;