Have you tried using reset code?  Reset code sets all different styles and
selectors to zero so that browsers don't make any assumptions to mess up the
layout.

Eric Meyer's code is as comprehensive as you can get.  Try this link:

http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/css/reset/

I suggest copy the entire code and paste it at the top of your CSS sheet.

hth