Marie Ange wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  
>
> I have a frameset with a top frame with height=120px. 
>
> This page contains 3rows, with a total height of 120px. However, I have a
> scrollbar in the top frame in almost all browsers: FF, Chrome, Safari. IE
> has no scrollbar. 
>
> How can I disappear this scrollbar, without using "overflow hidden"?
>
>  <http://users.telenet.be/MarieAnge/Mockup/INDEXFrame.html>
> http://users.telenet.be/MarieAnge/Mockup/INDEXFrame.html 
>
>  
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
>  
>
> Marie
>
>  
>
> PS: Advice to improve this code is welcome too. 
>
>  
>   




Marie,

A word of caution.

Frames were very popular in the 90s.  Nowadays, they are seldom used to 
construct new public facing sites because there are just so many 
problems and negative issues associated with them. CSS is sometimes used 
now to build "frame-like" sites without actually using "frames." One 
such example of a CSS page that emulates the traditional frame layout is 
this nice example by Georg Sortun a frequent contributor to this list: 
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/moa_8b.html>

Best,
~d
______________________________________________________________________
css-discuss [[email protected]]
http://www.css-discuss.org/mailman/listinfo/css-d
List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/
List policies -- http://css-discuss.org/policies.html
Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Reply via email to