> And the answer to the comment adjacent to  stack to kill
> is because it is ugly and tiny.

Lol. It was long ago I made that comment there. I happen to forgot it.

> Dunno. See if this helps. You have two different style sheets with a
> different font-stack on the body declaration. Hold the Arial stack.
> Kill
> the other one.

Now everything is Arial.
I have also remove all font references, and change them by font-size only.
So, now, only one Arial on the body declaration.

After "cleaning up" a little the font part on the css, I was able to see
that this only happens when
a) a "a element" is involved

and also,

b) when the value assigned to that element was less than 0.75em. (or near, I
was having inconsitences with 0.7em and below, change the minimum to 0.75em)

The remain inconsistency resides only on the left menu:
http://www.chequedejeuner.nuvemk.com/educainfantil.html

It's no longer a font issue I suppose, it seems to be a background position
related one.

Any lights from here?

Thanks again,
Márcio

Ps - If we toggle on the compatibility view on IE 8, the background images
(menu bullets on this case) are well displayed, and we can also notice that
the bold interpretation gets also quite similar to other browsers.
If we turn off compatibility mode, all falls, and the bold gets quite
lighter.