On 19/03/2010 9:14 AM, Rory Bernstein wrote:
> Peter, thank you for this solution. It works perfectly. Now I just
> have to ask: How are the photos in #book_images being aligned to the
> bottom of the div? I don't understand what makes that happen. There
> doesn't seem to be any rule for that. I am mystified!
>
> A new question for everyone!
>
> On this page:
> http://rorybernstein.com/francesca_proto/book1.html
>
> The text in the left nav that is contained in <span class="small"> is
> not getting as small as I want it (this the black text starting with
> "The Portraits of Francisco Clemente..."). This is the CSS for .small:
> .small {font-size: 0.8em;}
>
> But I can't seem to get it go go any smaller. The rule works when I
> make the text bigger. Is there some sort of "floor" to font-size that
> won't let me make it smaller?
Hi Rory,

The answer to your first question is that the default settings in
browsers for images is vertical-align: baseline.

As to the font size, this could be an issue with your browser settings,
I was able to quickly made text completely unreadable in both ff and ie.
Here is an article I would recommend
-http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_1_03_04.html.

--

Peter Abramowicz