On 21 May 2010, at 17:09, Thierry Koblentz wrote:

> Bravo for trying to support as many browsers as possible, and for *not*
> considering the "universal ie6" styles sheet for IE6.
> And when using it for IE5, you may want to remove/ignore some of the rules
> in there: the CSS expression, all the elements that you know would not be
> part of your documents, or rules you do not think are necessary.
> For example this rule:
> h1 img, h2 img, h3 img, h4 img, h5 img, h6 img { margin : 0; }
> that follows this one:
> img { margin : 0; }
>
> Or rules like these:
> blockquote:before, blockquote:after, q:before, q:after { content : ""; }
> blockquote, q {quotes : "" ""; }
> abbr { border-bottom : 1px dotted #666; }

I assumed that any rules having no target in my documents would be ignored so
there was no reason not to leave them there. Am I wrong?

The problem is that I assumed (again) that the creators of the universal ie6
stylesheet had also tested it for "IE lt 6" and any changes I made would NOT be
tested.

Ellen