Angela French wrote:
> I'm being driving nuts by absolute positioning rendering between IE and FF.
> I just want to confirm what I think is correct about absolute positioning.
> My understanding is that an absolutely position element positions itself
> relative to its parent container.  If the parent has not positioning, then it
> positions itself absolutely relative to the grandparent container, and so
> forth, up to the <body>.  Is this correct?
>
> If so, do both IE and FF follow this?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Angela French

/As always a clickable link to your page in question is always advisable.../

The best source for confirmation is the CSS specs proper--
<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#absolute-positioning>

There is a good explanation of absolute positioning here:
<http://www.brainjar.com/css/positioning/default4.asp>

For the most part compliant browsers follow the CSS specifications.
IE 7.0 sometimes follows these specifications.
One never quite knows what IE 6.0 may do in any given situation...

Best,
~d

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/