To add to what others have said, another issue related to this may be the
z-index bug, which can affect the layering of positioned elements in IE7 and
lower. Google z-index bug.

Rick Gordon

------------------

On 7/30/10 at 12:25 PM -0700, Angela French wrote in a message entitled
"[css-d] absolute positioning":

>I'm being driving nuts by absolute positioning rendering between IE and FF.  I
>just want to confirm what I think is correct about absolute positioning.  My
>understanding is that an absolutely position element positions itself relative
>to its parent container.  If the parent has not positioning, then it positions
>itself absolutely relative to the grandparent container, and so forth, up to
>the <body>.  Is this correct?
>
>If so, do both IE and FF follow this?

RICK GORDON
EMERALD VALLEY GRAPHICS AND CONSULTING