On 9/6/2010 9:23 AM, David Laakso wrote:
PS In the world of geometry is that a sphere or is it known as a simple
circular object?

I think the idea is that the gradient makes it appear spherical. Since it uses a linear gradient and not a radial gradient, though, the effect is somewhat primitive.

So in the worlds of both geometry and computer graphics, that's a simple circular object. You'd need to change the gradient and apply a transform to the text that's supposed to be on the object to make it a sphere. :)

Alan, I'm curious - your "CSS Test" link goes to a page that lists Firefox above safari on your "Honor Roll" (presumably for CSS compliance). Why is that? Firefox is my preferred browser, but my understanding is that WebKit (Safari and Chrome) has had better standards compliance than Firefox by pretty much any measure for quite awhile now.

--

Erik Harris                               http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-               AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7               -

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato