On 2010/12/08 08:04 (GMT-0500) David Laakso composed:

Greetings from Oaxaca, Mexico.

I'll bet you're a lot warmer down there than the people up in New England.

re:<http://chelseacreekstudio.com/fa/>
When going back and forth from the index to an inside page  note the h1
drop on all inside pages in Firefox/3.6.12.
Current Safari, WebKit, Opera, SeaMonkey, Chrome, and IE/8 more or less
get it right on this end

What Webkit(s) besides Chrome & Safari do you use?

What to do?

Can't tell what "H1 drop" means. In all 4 browsers tested here (all using 24px default) H1 is too wide to fit on one line, and there is no nav above the fold. I must scroll down to the bottom to find nav, hiding H1 above the new fold. Then when I click e.g. "next", I'm at the top of the new page seeing two line H1 again, so I must revisit via back, scroll up on each revisit, then re-forward, only to find no difference in H1 except on pages that push it down under "english espanol". And why only espanol? Why not Italian, German & French too? Or Korean, Chinese, Japanese and/or Swahili?

Content width appears to be about 1/3 the viewport width, waaay to much horizontal whitespace for an unstyled 26 character H1 to fit one line if one line is what you're after. Maybe you could set width to something accommodating, or change width to max-width and use non-breaking spaces in H1. Maybe also consolidate all the different H1 rulesets that don't involve A elements - too complicated for me to wrap my brain around. :-p

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/