I create a string of html documents using php. Each document prints one
sheet of paper. I would like to have the documents that form the odd sheets
to have a footer where the even documents to have none.
I use the following css:

div#print-footer {display: none;}

div#print-footer {display: block; position: absolute; bottom: 0;}
Obviously, the even pages do not have the above css.

If I use: <div id="print-footer"> Using id=... to call the css and I only
get the footer properly placed on the first page only. The rest of the pages
do not have a footer.

If I use <div class="print-footer"> Using class=... to call the css I get
the "footer" text placed under the end of the content on each page. Somehow
it does not appear as a footer.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Evan