I don't know if it is just a case of excessive nostalgia, but
am I alone in thinking that the W3C CSS service is not what it
once was (in terms of Q.A., that is) ?  I ask because I have
recently thrown a number of putatively CSS documents at it,
the most recent being :

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Flettershop.ehclients.com%2Fcss%2Fall.css&profile=css21&usermedium=all&warning=1&lang=en

and the results returned are, in the main, complete and utter
nonsense.  What, for example, does it mean by

        2                Value Error : font-family
        Property font-family doesn't exist in CSS
        level 2.1 but exists in : 'Titillium Text22L
        Bold'  'Titillium Text22L Bold'

or

        Property src doesn't exist :
        url('../fonts/TitilliumText22L005-webfont.eot')
        url('../fonts/TitilliumText22L005-webfont.eot')

The first is meaningful up to "but exists in", then drifts
off into nonsense, whilst the second makes references to
a property that doesn't occur in the cited text fragment.

I am convinced that it used to do considerably better than
this; what do others think ?

Philip Taylor
--
http://tinyurl.com/Ipad-signatures-just-say-NO