Hi Marissa,

With Chris on that, although there are so many factors - since you mentioned
inherited code my second thought was border collapse issues.

Did you use a CSS reset or due to the inherited code, adding to many variables
to the mix? I use a non profit vendor for one of the associations I support and
their CMS membership system layout requirement are tables for the main
structure (not sure if we are allowed to mention specific vendor providers
here.) First thing I did was hunt down to see if they had border collapse set.
Fortunately we have access to the CSS (ahem have found display none and -9999
positioning a life saver for elements the vendor can not turn off.)

I'm a long time Mac user (80s) and if one thing you could count on after Safari
came out, the viewing experience is pretty consistent. But play with the font
size in the prefs and all those "em" based themes for layout suddenly look odd.
I used to always take that 16 default and put it to 12 until I figured out one
of the WordPress popular themes relied solely on em layout and my viewing of
them was toast.

Best wishes,
Nancy