> I reangearred my site http://www.goeldi.eu/abusart without absolute
> positioning, and I have the same problem with my background-image:
> it's cut off on the right side when the browser window is too small
> and I scroll to the right. I do not understand why this happens.
>
> So still something wrong?

Yes...  The width with your background image is 100% (of the window),
while your text is 745px.  If 100% of the window is smaller than
745px, then the background image stops at 100%, and the text keeps
going.

You could set your container to have a min-width of 775px.  Or (the
better option, imo) you could rework your page so that the content is
more flexible (take off the width and the height, and use a titled
background image, perhaps).

---Tim