On Jul 7, 2011, at 6:15 AM, Tom Livingston wrote:
>>> http://proof.mlinc.com/mlinc.com/2012/whyus/

> Im aware of the lack of mobile styles. More will be coming, however I
> was referring to the containing 'outer' divs that have a 100% width.
> On my iPhone, they do not seem to honor that 100% width. Is there a
> way to get them to be 100% wide on the phone?

Well, Mobile Safari does honor your width:100% :-). You've declared the
viewport width to be the device width (meta tag).
The problem is that the top (black) part of your page specifies 955px, and
MobileSafari then shrinks your page. And then the contents of your 100%
wrappers is much wider than the device width (left column is 700px). The
content of those wrappers thus overflows. Nothing wrong, all according to spec.

Another way of viewing your problem: open a  600px wide window in your
favourite, standard compliant  desktop browser. Load your page. Scroll to the
right. Enjoy the black hole.

see also the discussion in this thread (last month), starting here:
http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/116009

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh