Okay, so I change my email settings every time I send to CSS-discuss
so that it's plain-text, but I have to ask... why?

Is it a CSS-Discuss community policy, or the policy of an individual
who happens to be the list administrator?  I suspect that it's based
on old practices for reasons that are no longer valid.

There aren't any contemporary email applications that can't handle HTML.  Is
anyone using one?

Use of HTML and CSS enhances readability and semantics, which can in
turn enhance accessibility.  We know this... it's what we discuss
continually in this community.

The overhead added by HTML is insignificant by any modern standards.

So, why can't we use HTML... especially in this community.

I imagine that this has been asked before.  I didn't check the archives, but I
would like it to be considered again with the opportunity for new feedback from
current members.

Thank you.

--
Ghodmode