Am 04.08.11 16:46, schrieb Philippe Wittenbergh:

That indeed fixes it. Omitting tfoot appears to be OK.

Of course - the tfoot comes after the tbody in the rendering, and
thus the counting of rows.

Error on my side. I was mistaken because tfoot needs to be defined before tbody.

When using thead/tbody, the row count is offset by 1 (header rows
are not counted). Same goes for adjacent siblings.

That is normal, each table-row-group resets the count.

Aha! Could that confuse S5.1? Implicit reset when it sees nth-child for th and then td?

For styling th elements a more explicit selector is needed
(assuming two rows of th), e.g.:

thead tr:nth-child(2) th:nth-child(4) { ... }

Why would that be ?

I didn't think of the reset.

  tr:nth-child(1) th

works just fine. Styling the tfoot seems to be a different story, though. I do not see any other way to reference it explicitely without using

  tfoot tr:nth-child(2) td:nth-child(3) { ... }
  ^^^^^
Or is there?

Best regards,

Jørgen