On 9/30/11 8:45 AM, Tom Livingston wrote:
  The layout
is not flexible in 6,<trim>

IE does not support min/max width consequently IE is set to a fixed-width. There are workarounds for this issue but hardly worth pursuing them nowadays...

<aside>
Navigation is a bit unfriendly to me, having to keep going back to the
'front page' to get to other sections of the site is odd to me.

Yeah. Seems odd to me too. But the alternative[to show all page links on all pages] is a worse nightmare [and horrible on a mobile device] -- particularly on the portfolio, paintings, and photos pages.

Also,
on a large enough screen, I am told what page I am on 3 times in large
print. Maybe hide the one on the bottom of the page when on a wide
screen? Just a thought.

No, it is a good point and one that I have wrestled with. Rather than deleting the hiding it , we may try just pushing it back in time and space with a lighter color value for desktop, and tablet. It is hidden in mobile.

As ever,
Bill and Melinda

--
Desktop. Laptop. Tablet. Mobile!