On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 4:51 AM, Tim Dawson <t...@ramasaig.com> wrote:
> I have been trying for several hours to get a DIV containing four absolutely
> positioned images to 'float: right' up beside a left column which is floated
> left.
>
> http://webadit.co.uk/cakelady2/?page=wedding
>
> The HTML5 validates, as does the CSS3, and I cannot see why the DIV remains
> resolutely below the LH column. I've tried 'float:left', but it just goes to
> the extreme left of the screen at the same level. Arguably in HTML5 I should
> be using something other than a DIV, but that shouldn't prevent DIV from
> working.
>
> There were some IE < 9 CSS hacks, but I've disabled them for this example.
> It's not the images, the problem remains if I substitute a short para of
> text.
>
> Fairly obviously I'm missing something trivial (though vital). Perhaps
> another pair of eyes will see it.

Either float div.left to the left, or put div.right earlier in the
code than div.left and I believe it will have the desired effect.

When you float an object, content after it can flow up beside it, but it can't
move up beside content earlier in the source document.

--
Vince Aggrippino
a.k.a. Ghodmode