Howdy,

Normally, I use padding to fix margin collapse, but I can't seem to
figure out how to get IE7 to contain the margins of the children
paragraphs:

<https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1277106/float-margins.html>

Here's an IE7 screen shot:

<https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1277106/float-margins-ie7.jpg>

Every other browser contains the paragraph's margins within the float.

It's strange... I have been using floats for a long time and I don't
ever remember noticing this type of margin collapse problem in the
past.

Am I overlooking something obvious here? Is there a logic error with
my HTML? Could it be the HTML5 document (i.e. missing a DTD that IE7
understands)?

Is there an easy fix to get IE7 to behave the same as other browsers?

TIA!

Cheers,
Micky